Slumping in polls since the first debate in late September and weakened by a host of sexual assault accusations from 10 women, GOP nominee Donald Trump said on Saturday from Gettysburg, PA that he would sue his accusers after declaring his innocence and calling them liars.
“All of these liars will be sued after the election is over” Trump said on Saturday in Pennsylvania.
Trump also unveiled a “Contract with the American Voter” a list his campaign called “groundbreaking” containing a series of political plans he supports.
Trump’s contract contains some measures such as reducing the federal workforce, imposing term limits on all members of Congress, and a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
Here is the full list of Trump’s latest Contract with the American Voter proposals:
FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
- SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
- THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
- FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
- FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
- SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Trump also issued a seven item list of measures he would like to complete during the first 100 days of office if he’s elected to the White House that includes many of the same ideas he’s talked about during his campaign such as withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), re-negotiating NAFTA, and canceling billions in payments to the U.N. for climate change programs.
Here is the full list of Trump’s 7 proposals he wants to complete within the first 100 days:
FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
- FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
- FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
- SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
- SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Trump explained that on “day one” he wants to take the following 5 actions to “restore security” and the constitutional rule of law:
FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
- SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
- THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
- FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
- FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
During his campaign speech on Saturday, Trump vowed to oppose a new deal announced on Saturday for AT&T to acquire Time Warner for $80 billion on grounds that it’s the concentration of power in the hands of too few and said he’d like to break up other mega deals such as Comcast’s purchase of NBC Universal in 2009.
Trump came out swinging against e-commerce giant Amazon and said the Seattle based company isn’t paying billions in taxes and has an unfair advantage over department stores across the country.
Trump’s website now declares in bold letters on the top that WE WON THE DEBATE and in typical Trump fashion on Saturday he boasted about how much larger his campaign events are attended compared to Hillary Clinton’s events.
Trump Claims To Be Winning In Polls
Trump claimed during his campaign speech on Saturday that he’s winning against Clinton in 3 major national election polls and ranted about the media being dishonest.
Trump tweeted the same message yesterday:
The media refuses to talk about the three new national polls that have me in first place. Biggest crowds ever – watch what happens!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2016
The polls Trump appears to be referring to are recent polls from IBD/TIPP, a conservative leaning Rasmussen poll, and a LA Times/USC tracker that nearly always shows Trump ahead of Clinton.
What Trump failed to mention is the fact that the majority of other national polls shows that Clinton is leading and her lead over Trump has actually increased since the 1st debate in late September when she had a 2 percent lead over Trump in a Real Clear Politics average of major national polls.
Clinton’s lead over Trump is currently 6.1 percent (48 percent to 41.9 percent), according to a Real Clear Politics average of major national polls taken from 10/10 – 10/21 with just less than 3 weeks until the presidential election on November 8th.
Here’s my latest You Tube video with additional commentary